The City of Atlanta is currently seeking to fill a Correctional Officer (E) position. This job is located in Atlanta, GA and is a full-time position with a salary range of $16.47 to $23.98 an hour, or $34,257 to $49,869 annually.
The closing date for this position is April 1, 2014, but if the position remains unfilled or the hiring pool level is not reached then it is possible this job recruitment can be extended.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 20 years old
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License the time you apply, and a Georgia Issued Drivers License at the time of being appointed to a position.
- Must be able to achieve and maintain the POST Basic Jail Officer Certification within 1-years time from appointment.
In order to apply for correctional officer jobs offered by the City of Atlanta, you would need to submit your packet of information by email to [email protected]. Once your information is received and accepted, you should receive a response in about 30 days from the time your information was submitted. Since you are required to submit various copies of documentation, you should consider combining these files into a single PDF file. Below is a list of the documents that you’ll need to submit.
- Compass Test Scores; SAT or ACT Test scores also accepted
- Copy of High School Diploma or Educational Equivalent
- Copy of a Valid Drivers License
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship; i.e. Birth Certificate, Citizenship Documents
- Copy of Social Security Card; Also include any Official Name Change Documentation
- Copy of your POST certification or other related Corrections Officer Training
Out of state individuals will also need to submit the following information to be considered for the selection process.
- Copies of your Criminal History & Driving Record from the state you reside
- References from a minimum of two (2) close, immediate neighbors to your current place of residence; Name, Address, Phone Number
- Copy of a recent Credit Report from one of the 3 Major Credit Reporting Agencies; (Equifax, Experian, Transunion)
- Contact information of your current Landlord, Property Manager, or Mortgage Company; Name, Address, Phone
Applicants that meet the hiring criteria for the position will be contacted for the preliminary screening.
For most of the jobs posted by the City of Atlanta, you can apply online at their office between 8:30am and 4:30pm at the address below.
City of Atlanta
Department of Human Resources – Room 2120
68 Mitchell Street S.W.
Atlanta, Georgia 30303-0306
If you have any questions about this job, you can email the City of Atlanta’s Dept. Of Human Resources at [email protected], and you should receive a response in 1 or 2 days.
Additional Corrections Job Opportunities Around Atlanta
If you can meet the minimum requirements that are listed above, have one year of experience in public safety, security, corrections, or customer service duties, can pass a drug and physical fitness test, then you should consider applying for the Detention Officer positions available with the Fulton County Jail. The salary for these position start at $33,058 annually.
You will still need to undergo a background check, interview, and testing to insure that you can complete the duties of a detention officer. For more information on becoming a Detention Officer in and around Fulton County Georgia, and how to apply, click here.